Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

my two cents

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Doli

my two cents Empty
PostSubject: my two cents   my two cents Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 4:12 pm

If you are building a server from scratch in C sharp, pls consider the following :p

Making a config file to finetune ingame settings like for example:
-Mastery total ! with like 700/700 as a max setting
-xp and sp rates with seperate multipliers
-an option true or false to kick players beeing idle more than 2 hours (exept stall)
-option to enable or disable triangular conflict lvl protection (so you can only be attacked by max 5 or 10 lvls higher)
-custom alchemy succes rate! (would be nice to have rate increase events Wink )
-safe enchant rate : make a fixed valeu safe like +2 or +3 !! it would be so much more fun :p
-more inventoy tabs like : default 1 but can go up to 4

Other suggestions:
-use up to date OS with a descent antivirus and firewall , silkroad is always subject to hackers and cheaters (preferably .. just use linux to host the actual mysql database on)

-even in such a nice pserver .. you will get scammers and players without dignity
so a no bot , no multiclient , no other silly hacks allowed policy would be nice Smile

-Make it a opensource project when your done Smile if this server gets some fame .. it will fill up very fast .. just like in lineage II wich has such a project for that game ..

- keep rates at 40 or max 45 .. ppl asking for more are just beeing damn lazy Smile
if you want to satisfy the lazy ppl's needs put a second server with 5000xp ? :p

Final not: Thanks for working on this pserver Smile the real thing is so dead anyway and this is the game i love most Smile perfect for a 100% legit like myself .. keep it up guys !
Back to top Go down
Admin Hamada
Admin

my two cents Empty
PostSubject: Re: my two cents   my two cents Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 4:07 pm

well yes i am making it from scratch by using c++ and i made config like this you will have to type skill point by how much and xp and type the port of the server and the sql file you using as database and allow murder or nt and wht level does playe start and things like that because when i get enough money that might help me i will put the server for sell for free on any uploading site
note:i will make it for fun and wasting time more than for bussiness becuase i donnt need money alot because i am still 16 and the only thing that makes me need money is to buy premium for some friends in game called Tibia noob game with bad graphics but i play it because my friend do lol!
Back to top Go down
https://asro.forumotion.com
ib3blaz1n

my two cents Empty
PostSubject: Re: my two cents   my two cents Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:18 pm

The Only Thing that I see That Might Be A Problem is The 5-10 Lvls where The Mobs Dont Attack You Because If you Join A P Lvl with A high lvl And They Bring You To High Lvl Mobs They Wont Kill You And May Make It A bit Easy just Thought i'd Point That Out... People Would Like That But It Would Make People Kinda Lazy Lmao.. Thanks And I Cant Wait For This Server To Start Up Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my two cents Empty
PostSubject: Re: my two cents   my two cents Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my two cents
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Ideas to server-
Jump to: